PetroDE’s patented Geospatial Business Intelligence Platform has been taken to new heights with the release of Green Iguana.
Our latest version allows you to track changes in a flash, plus get the big picture faster than ever before with the expanded visualization and data options.
Need to track activity or report on interesting new IP values? PetroDE’s Change Detection feature lets you cut to the chase and get critical updates on any competitor analysis of your choosing – in a flash.
Here are some frequent questions that our users are able to answer using PetroDE’s Change Detection feature:
- Where are the new permits?
- Where are the newly spudded wells?
- Where are the wells with new IP?
- Where have there been changes in the Peak rates?
- Which wells have new laterals greater than 6000 feet?
- Which counties have new drilling activity for once inactive operators?
- Where are the wells with new Treatment information?
- Which wells have reached TD since the last update?
Quickly see changes in any area for any data column. The example below shows only wells that changed from permit to spud since the last update.
See how to get the most out of our new Change Detection feature here.
Enhanced Display Options
We added the following enhancements to our visualization tools to help you get the big picture faster and easier than ever before.
- Added a Color By option to the Map Display symbology: Any column (e.g., Operator, Total Depth, Permit Date, Proppant, etc.) from any dataset including points, lines, and polygons can be used as a basis for color styling. Moreover, this symbology can be carried over to our charts as shown below.
- Expanded the Heat Map grid selection to include global grids, as well as available polygon layers in your workbooks: For example, if you had a leasehold layer or a basins layer, you can use those layers to grid a heat map. The screenshot below shows a past year Boevd21 heat map of IHS wells with West Texas Leases as the grid.
Learn how to customize heat map grids here.
- Added Well Sticks to the Map Display options. PetroDE uses smart depopulation to quickly show well orientation for large numbers of wells, yet remain responsive to zooming and panning around the map.
- Upgraded our custom heat maps with the ability to edit the legend. This lets you set the heat map bins to coincide with your company’s evaluation criteria.
- Added the ability to select multiple labels from the available columns for any layer. This allows you to make presentation ready maps that display the labels you desire.
- Improved the map zoom tool to enable much finer adjustments to the zoom level.
- Enhanced the map display symbology to allow you to adjust map symbols to any desired size.
Click here to learn how to leverage the Color By feature.
Improved Charts and Histograms
We added the following improvements to our charts and histograms making PetroDE the go to choice for analyzing your data on the fly.
- Upgraded Type Curves for visualizing well performance in minutes: In Time Series charts, we have added normalization options and projection parameter options to Decline, Cumulative, and Combined Mean Projection charts. Our new type curves allow you to quickly compare different areas, characterize uncertainty in well performance, and look at more wells than ever before!
- Start of Production or Peak Month
- Perforation Length
- b-factor exact value or optimize within a set range
- Specify any EUR cutoff time, or at Production Rate
- Set a terminal decline rate
- Upgraded our Monthly Production Charts to allow users to group by any column and easily see trends by company, formation, county, etc.
- Added a highlight feature to chart subsearches to enable users to easily pinpoint specific data.
- Added the subsearch feature to cross plots.
- Enhanced custom histograms to show probability for numeric columns: allows you to easily calculate P10, P50, and P90 for any dataset you have.
- Added Aggregated Production to the options in Time Series charts for the IHS Production data layer: Allows you to instantly view Aggregated Production through time for Liquids, Gas, or Water by either Operator or Formation.
Now you can normalize by:
And adjust Projection Parameters:
Read more about our enhanced Type Curves here.
Enhanced Data Options
The following enhancements make PetroDE even easier to use.
- Added searchable vector tiles to quickly display, search, and analyze large, complex polygon data layers such as pipeline data, lease blocks, and land data.
- Added the ability to customize the download size to any DPI.
- Added more download formats: 297, 298 and DMP2.