Heat Maps Just Got Better!
PetroDE’s heat maps are a part of our dynamic cloud solution that allows our users to map, monitor, and share competitive activity data. This week, our heat maps have been improved to allow you to customize the heat map grid with any polygon layer that you have access to. Just think of the possibilities!
Heat Map Grid Selection Expanded: The heat map grid selection menu has been expanded to include global (world) grids, as well as available polygon layers in your workbooks. Available layers are either layers provided by PetroDE or shapefiles you have uploaded yourself. In the heat map grid drop-down menu, the standard grids (6-Mile, Counties, Global 6-Mile, etc.) are at the top followed by an alphabetized list of all of the polygon layers a user has access to.
- Global Grids: The following global grids have been added underneath the existing grids: Global 1-Mile, Global 3-Mile, and Global 6-Mile.
- Polygon layers: You can now use any polygon shapefile layer as a grid for a heat map. For example, if you had a leasehold layer or a basins layer, you can use those layers to grid a heat map. The screenshot below shows a past year BOEVD21 heat map of IHS wells with West Texas Leases as the grid.
Ways to Leverage
- Compute statistics by lease for your entire leasehold map
- Calculate well counts (drilling density) for offset lease positions
- Count drilling rigs by state
- Count wells in a flood zone
- Calculate heat maps across any region in the world
- Calculate heat maps on cumulative data
- Calculate heat maps of proppant use or fluid volumes from completion data
Probability Curves Added to Custom Histograms
Custom histograms have been improved to show probability for numeric fields of any data set. In the past, probability curves have only been available for pre-populated charts, mostly for IHS data. This new feature allows you to easily calculate P10, P50, and P90 for any data set you have. For example, one company uses it in international work to determine P10 field sizes in any given basin.
To show the probability curve, click on Show as Probability under Chart Options. There is also an option to Show Legend when a numeric field has been selected.
Ways to Leverage
- Quickly view P10, P50, P90, and mean values for any data set, including proprietary EUR data.
- Analyze any numeric field, such as normalized treatment fields, and instantly see trends.
For a workflow that shows you how to use heat maps to analyze performance by Lease or Basin, click here.
For a workflow that shows you how to leverage custom histograms, click here.