We’ve been busy! Check out what’s new with PetroDE:
Well Stick Visualization – Wow!
- Well Stick – shows well sticks only
- Well Stick w/ Symbol at Surface – shows all wells and their common well symbol
- Well Stick w/ Symbol at BHL – shows common well symbols spread out at BHL for deviated wells, as shown in the figure below.
WAYS TO LEVERAGE
- Instantly zoom in to wells anywhere in the United States to see their orientation as well as the type of well (oil, gas, dry hole, etc).
- View prevailing drilling directions in an area to compare production rates with respect to well direction.
Refine UI Enhanced for More Flexibility
Refine UI has been enhanced to provide users with faster access to data attributes and the ability to view several columns at one time. The new flexibility provided in Refine allows users to quickly and easily compare any number of columns. Make a selection and see the results instantaneously on the map display!
Columns with number values have a slider bar to allow for easy refinement by any number available. Note that null values can be included by ticking include null values. An example showing Completion Date is shown below. Dates can be further refined by clicking on a bar, sliding the slider bar, or entering exact dates in the fields below the slider bar. The map is updated automatically as selections are changed.
New Formation Colors
New formation colors have been added to help quickly visualize individual formations. The complete list of formation colors is available here. The new color legend is available as a linked document within the legend as well as in the help menu.