PetroDE’s patented Dynamic Geospatial Environment has been taken to new heights with the release of Ferruginous Hawk. This latest version of PetroDE expands visualization and data options and includes 17 key elements.
Enhanced Charts and Heat Maps
- Normalized IP and Treatment data attributes added to the IHS Wells data layer to enable users to mine, analyze, and share more data.
- Normalized Peak data attributes added to the IHS Production data layer for use in heat maps, bubble maps and charts.
- Quantile regression calculations added to decline and cumulative projection charts for smooth, accurate curves in seconds.
- Time Series charts capabilities expanded allowing users to see spuds and permits through time, quickly track competitive activity, and easily visualize patterns.
- Color bars and static legend controls added to heat maps enabling users to easily freeze one data attribute to see it through time. For example, compare the top 10 formations for two different time periods.
- Searchable Raster Vector (SRV) added to enable users to quickly display, search, and analyze large data sets such as pipeline layers. SRV layers are raster layers when zoomed out and become vector layers when zoomed in as shown below.
- Multi-color Bubble Maps added to enable users to display two data attributes at the same time. For example, normalized IP Oil can easily be compared to IP Water as shown below.
- Option for multiple style symbols for a single layer added to the Create Layer Wizard. This enables users to style one layer by several different data attributes and quickly toggle through them on the map display. Thus allowing users more flexibility and the ability to easily see new trends and spot outliers. Flexibility is built in to allow styles to be edited or added after a layer is uploaded.
- Operator Well Symbols added to the IHS Wells data layer to enable users to display data by operator.
- Common Well Symbols emulating the 16 IHS well symbols added to enable users another display option as well as the option to refine a search by map symbol.
- Additional formation colors added to enable users to quickly visualize individual formations. The complete list can be found here and will soon be available in the Help menu located on the bottom toolbar of the application.
- Subsearch display improved to enable users to better see subsets of data.
Enhanced Data Options
- Support for high resolution GeoTIFF layers.
- Ability to download annotations as KML files.
- Ability to download map images as PNG files using the download button in the upper right corner.
- Filter boxes added for most drop-down menus in the UI to find desired terms faster.
Enhanced Collaboration Tools
- View Links option added to the Views menu. This enables users to email a URL link of a desired view to other licensed users and share it dynamically, creating a real-time collaborative environment.
Fun Tidbit: The name Ferruginous Hawk was chosen by our software development team. For each release, we select an animal mascot with the first letter of its name corresponding to its version (e.g., F = Version 6). The Ferruginous Hawk is a rust-colored, broad-winged raptor of the open, arid grasslands, prairie and shrub steppe country. Like PetroDE, the Ferruginous Hawk is fast and accurate!
 The P10, P50, and P90 projections are estimated using the quantile regression method, which minimizes the sum of residuals with a weight determined by the desired quantile and then optimizes the parameters to find the best fit line for each curve.